Monday, January 21, 2013

Six Homemade Gifts // Gift Five: Sugar Scrub

The fifth gift in my homemade Christmas gift baskets is one I've briefly posted about before. So I won't spend too much time on it, but just remind you how easy it is!

Sugar Scrub
I love gifting this because it can be so simple to make, yet feel so luxurious! The sugar naturally exfoliates your skin, while the oil moisturizes. Use in the shower and you are left with smooth, healthy skin! I made two "flavors" this year:

Pumpkin Pie Spice Scrub
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup White Sugar
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup + 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil

Lemon Sugar Scrub
3 Cups White Sugar
20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1 Cup + 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil

Instructions:
1. Combine dry ingredients first.
2. Add oil(s) and mix thoroughly.
3. Store in a tightly sealed glass container. I like to use baby food jars for mini-gifts, or half-pint mason jars for larger sizes.
4. Use as a hand or body scrub. Avoid getting water in container as this can promote bacteria growth.


0 comments: