Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Cleaning Sprints // Week Four Assignments



This week get into some actual cleaning (rather than simple sorting and organizing). This will take some grunt work and the will to burn some calories. Ready?

Weeknight Spruce
Clean under couches and beds.
This means you will be moving furniture, pulling out items stored (or lost) beneath them and giving the area a good vacuum. Just because we can’t see them, doesn’t mean there aren’t dust bunnies lurking.

Saturday Sweep
Vacuum and mop floors.
Pretty self-explanatory, but if you need a good all-natural floor cleaner, try this recipe:

1 cup white vinegar
2 gallons of water
Use a mop or rag to scrub and wipe. Let air dry.

Scrub the bathroom (tiles, bath, toilet, sink, shower head, clean out drain).
I think baking soda is your best friend for cleaning the bathroom. It whitens everything! For tough scum, soak in vinegar then follow by scrubbing with baking soda.

I will also be tackling the pesky mildew stains on our shower curtain and a shower caddie that has decided to rust. I’ll let you know if I figure out any good cleaning solutions!

Quickie Purge
Take a glance around the home and look for five more things to get rid of. 

Peaceful Pause
Spend 30 minutes refreshing YOU. I think I know what I will do this week…check back on Monday for an update! ;-)

0 comments: