Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whole Foods Challenge // Recipe: Corn & Bean Salad



This probably shouldn’t count as a recipe because it is so easy. But it was really good so I wanted to share with you!

Corn & Bean Salad
Spinach
Salad Greens
Corn (cooked fresh from the cob)
Black Beans
Tomato
Avocado

Dressing*
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice

This salad can include all cold ingredients or warm. You can also add some chicken or steak of you want some meat. I ate it all vegetarian with fresh, chilled veggies. 

*The best part was the dressing. My guess is I used about 1 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar, 1 TBSP Olive Oil and 1 tsp of Lemon Juice – but I think you should make it to taste based on whether you like more lemon or balsamic flavoring.

This salad was crisp, juicy and a little bit tangy from the dressing. It was quite filling too! 

Enjoy!

0 comments: