This is another winning recipe I found while cruising Pinterest. It comes from the blog 8 Weeks to a Better You Recipes (be sure to click the link to check it out!).
This is such a healthy version of Banana Bread – and so tasty. There is applesauce to the bread is very moist and cake-like. I loved eating it cold, warm, with butter and without. The perfect breakfast or snack.
No-Sugar Banana Bread
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas
* I added some chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
4. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.