Friday, December 2, 2011

Photo Friday // Christmas Tree Lights

(Note: You may or may not have noticed, but I missed last week's Photo Friday. So today you will get extra photo posts to enjoy....one will be the start of an exciting photo journey this month!)

We put up our Christmas tree this week! I think that is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas. I love placing the ornaments on the tree, reminiscing over them one by one. My mom always gave me one ornament each year to symbolize something significant to me like starting piano lessons, learning how to drive, or taking a special family vacation. Since Adam and I got married, we’ve tried to continue the tradition of finding or making ornaments that represent each year.

But I also love the lights on the tree! Throughout December we usually keep most lights off in the apartment and just let the tree shine. This year is especially fun because we upgraded from traditional lights to mini-LED lights. They are so bright and make lots of fun designs on surrounding surfaces.

So this Photo Friday celebrates my Christmas tree lights. Enjoy! J

Our Christmas tree and its lights.

Fun designs on the tree skirt.

My favorite - light swirls on the lamp.

1 comments:

Rebekah said... Reply to Comment

Very nice and homey!!! Beautiful!!!