Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Recipe // Blueberry Buckle

Back in October I had decided to try a new fall recipe and I asked my readers for help picking one. I ended up trying the Applesauce-Carrot SpiceCake and it was delicious! (Click here to check out the recipe).

I also wanted to try another recipe my dear friend Andrea shared with me: Blueberry Buckle. So I made it last night....it was so easy and so yummy! Even Adam liked it and he said I deserve a gold star for making it. J
Here’s the recipe along with my photos and notes:

Blueberry Buckle
Makes 6-8 servings
Ingredients:
4 tbsp. butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1/3 cup milk
2 cups blueberries

Crumb Topping:
4 tbsp. butter
½ cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
Sweetened whipped cream

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
(This doesn’t look like much at first…but it is just enough. Keep going!)

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl.
(I used wheat flour...turned out great!)

Mix flour mixture alternately with milk into the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
Pour batter into a buttered 8-inch-square baking dish. Cover evenly with blueberries.
(I used a little more than 2 cups of blueberries…definitely not too many!)


For topping, combine butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Cut into the batter until it is like coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle over the blueberries.
(I cheated and tasted the crumb topping – cinnamon sugar GOODNESS!!)

 Bake 40 min. at 375 degrees. Serve warm with whipped cream.
(YUM!!)

0 comments: