Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Photo Journey // Day One: Gratitude

Yesterday was the start of a fun photo journey through this holiday season, hosted by Paper Coterie. (Paper Coterie is a company that helps you create and print photo gifts like calendars, memory books, recipe books and more).

They sent me an email in November inviting me to register for their “Picture the Holidays” event with photographer Tracey Clark. Every day, I receive a different prompt to inspire a photo that will capture the memories of this Christmas season. As I take my photos, I can upload them to the site to create a photobook as a memory. I may not purchase the book when I am done, but I decided to take the challenge and use this as an opportunity to see this season in a new way.
AND I will be sharing this photo journey with you….I’m excited!

The prompt for December 1 was:
Holding on to Gratitude 
With the giving of thanks still fresh in our hearts and minds, let's start off our month from the best place possible: a place of gratitude. Take a few minutes to focus on all the things you have to be grateful for today and then, choose a perspective in which to capture at least one of those things in a photograph.

Valerie Jones // f/3.5, 1/10, ISO 800, 50mm focal length
I am thankful for the love of God. When things around me get crazy, His love brings me back into focus and everything else grows dim. His love is warm and inviting, restoring peace to my soul. And as I spend time wrapped in His love, He energizes my spirit to live zealously.

0 comments: