Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fitness…sigh.



So I have to admit, I’ve been pretty slack about my commitment to fitness. I never liked strength training, so without the ability to run I’ve slowly let go of my zeal to workout.

BUT I have to change that! After all, I cannot expect to run again if my knees aren’t strong enough. So I am publishing my renewed commitment to workout….as well as a plea for accountability from you! I give you permission to ask me often – daily even - how I am progressing with my strength training goals. I need it; so thank you in advance.

I still want to keep working on the One Hundred Push Ups and the Two Hundred Sit Ups challenges. (I think I have restarted the current week three times now because I go days without doing anything!) Here are my goals for this week:

1) Log in to MyFitnessPal to track food and exercise at least 5 days this week.

2) Do knee “rehab” (stretches and exercises) at least 5 days this week.

3) Do push ups and sit ups 3 days this week. I am on Week 3 for push ups and Week 5 for sit ups. At the end of the week, I hope to do an endurance test and “graduate” to the next week.

This week I will be doing what is necessary. I know I can stick to the plan….I’ve done it before! Sometimes we just a need a time to rest, refocus and renew our excitement for the goal. I think I’m ready now.

0 comments: