Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Photo Journey // Day Sixteen: The Season of Lights


Photo prompt from Paper Coterie:

The Season of Lights:
They call this the season of lights for many reasons and there are ample opportunities to shoot light in it's many shapes and shades. There is nothing more compelling than a literal Bokeh of holiday lights. The first time I captured lights like this, I was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! My guess is you'll feel it too.

Valerie Jones // f/1.8, 1/30, ISO 800
Today I learned the fun of playing with manual focus on my lens. I found that by adjusting the focus and aperture, I could create various Bokeh shapes. I could have spent hours playing with the lights and my camera! This turned out to be my favorite rendition of our Christmas tree, including the star on top!

0 comments: