Friday, November 11, 2011

Photo Friday // My Intro to Film Cameras

I am about to enter the world of film SLR photography. I believe the last time I used a film camera was somewhere around junior high…I don’t really remember. It was point-and-shoot...and it has been a while! So I am really excited to have this opportunity to learn with some great cameras and lenses. Check these out:


One is a Nikon FE2 and the other is a Nikon FG. My pastor found these sitting around his house so he gave them to me! What a blessing! And the lenses are going to be so fun to try. Here’s the line-up:

Nikkor Zoom 35mm – 135mm - f/3.5 – 4.5
Nikkor 50mm - f/1.4
Nikon 50mm - f/1.8
Rokinon Zoom 35mm – 200mm - f/3.5-4.5
Vivitar 28mm - f/2

AND as I'm writing this I remembered my Dad gave me an old SLR film camera a while ago too. It's a Pentax MV-1 and in its case is a Vivitar 28mm - f/2.8 and a Pentax 50mm - f/1.2. I can't believe I haven't tried it yet! Too many excuses to list I suppose, but it is now my goal to learn and enjoy film photography along with my digital.

I am still so green when it comes to SLR photography, but I love to learn. As soon as I find batteries, clean the lenses and figure out how to use these cameras, I'll be able to share all my film experiences with you.

Do any of you SLR film photographers have tips to share? J

0 comments: