Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recipe // Baked Oatmeal Cups

I did another batch of freezer cooking the other day and added this recipe to the mix. Did I tell you we have a huge chest freezer now? I'm so excited about things I can make and stock in it (including the beef coming later this month!).


Anyways, these oatmeal cups are perfect on-the-go breakfasts or snacks. And you can customize them to your level of healthiness or taste. They are loaded with fiber and protein, low in calories, and you can add any topping you want!


Check out the full recipe at Sugar Free Mom. I followed it exactly except I used honey for my sweetener. And I ended up with 24 full-sized "muffins" as well as a bunch of mini-cups.

Once they all finished baking, I cooled them and wrapped the large ones individually in plastic wrap. Then I sealed them up in freezer storage bags and tossed them in the freezer. In the morning I simply grab one and let it thaw as I get ready and drive to work. You can also stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up. 

Enjoy!

0 comments: