Friday, May 11, 2012

Photo Friday // Mini Beach Vacation

I am so blessed. In so many ways.

Earlier this week I had the rare opportunity to join a sister-friend at her vacation beach house for a couple of days. I was blessed that she offered to share some of her time there with me, blessed that my Pastor (the best boss in the world) gave me some PTO so I could go, blessed that I have a husband that encourages me to feed my soul and blessed that God was so present every moment I was there.

We spent hours laying on the beach. Some moments spent under the sun. Some moments spent under an umbrella. Soaking in the sounds of the ocean, seagulls, children laughing. Good conversation, admiring God's creation, capturing memories in photographs. We feasted on home-cooked food, specialty milkshakes and beach pizza. We walked the streets of downtown admiring the lights on the water and sleeping sailboats.

I always wanted to fall asleep on the beach, so I got to do that too...kinda. The house was oceanfront with a private deck. We made up a bed on a lounge chair and I feel asleep to the lullaby of the ocean with the moon as my night light. A couple hours later, a mosquito woke me up so I moved inside. I think it still counts.

When I woke up, I got to run along the water's edge admiring the sparkle of the sunlight on the water. Thanking God with every breath for the beauty all around me - His Beauty.

My photos don't do it justice - the refreshing in my soul. But they mark the memories of some moments that will never be forgotten.

Where we enjoyed our milkshakes.
The view during my morning run.
Waves dancing on the rocks.
Love Jenny's creativity - her composition idea.
Mini-tube wave.
My night light.

0 comments: