Friday, February 3, 2012

Photo Friday // Sunrise at the Prairie


Over the weekend I met up with some of the girls from church to watch the sunrise over the Prairie just outside of town. I hesitated to go at first…I don’t usually enjoy sacrificing sleep. But I decided the good company, a photo opp and particularly an opportunity to worship God for His beautiful creation were all good reasons to hop out of bed at 6:30am.

At first we were a bit disappointed because the morning fog was so thick. We really didn’t get to see the sun rising. While we waited for a hint of sun, we enjoyed each others’ company and that of some grazing deer. Then finally the sun broke through the fog and we got to see a hazy ball of yellow and orange hanging in the sky.

I wouldn’t say it was a perfect sunrise, but the uniqueness of the moment made it quite special – and definitely worth the 6:30 wake-up. :)




0 comments: