Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Recipe // Avocado Cups


I just had to share this recipe because it is one of my favorite foods right now!

Here’s what the Avocado Cups look like….

photo by Valerie Jones

Ok it’s so easy!

1) Just halve the avocado and remove the seed.

2) Cut 3-4 grape tomatoes in half and pile on top.

3) Sprinkle with feta cheese…as much as you want!

4) Squirt about 1 tsp of lemon juice over it.

5) Then pick up a spoon, scoop and eat!

I eat these as a salad with a meal or as a snack. I love how buttery the avocado tastes and feels….and it is good for you! 

Avocados contain monsaturated fat which is healthy for our bodies in moderate amounts. Fats help the body absorb vital nutrients. Avocados also have anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that help fight various diseases. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B-6, which seem to be good for everything lately. They reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. And I find they are great for my skin too!

Enjoy!

0 comments: