Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Photo Journey // Days Twenty-Nine to Thirty-One


Holidays make daily photographing and blogging difficult…but I still wanted to finish my photo journey and share the last three photos with you. I had so much fun with this process! In the past month I stretched my creative perspective, challenged myself to use my camera in new ways and even learned a couple new tricks. I love journeys that yield such results! And thank YOU for following me along the way!

Here are my last photo prompts from Paper Coterie:

A Toast:
As the year draws to an end, we often look ahead to the New Year, making resolutions, setting intentions, eager for a fresh start. But today you are not going to toast to all that is to come, instead I'd like you look back on the year that's passed to honor the journey.  Raise a glass (of whatever your magic elixir might be), sing a song, give yourself a hug, anything to celebrate you and where you've been. You've come a long way baby! And you made it.

Valerie Jones // f/2.8, 1/20, ISO 800
I haven’t opened this bottle yet because I intend to share it with Adam on New Year’s Eve. We WILL toast the year behind and the year ahead. There is much to reflect on and celebrate in 2011 – both highs and lows. Life lessons and joys come in many shapes and sizes. I’m looking forward to discovering what the new year will hold as well!

(PS A toast to you and blessings in your new year! And thanks to my friend Tracy for giving us this bottle of sparking grape juice! J)

------------------------------------
Now, No Looking Back!
We gave the past its due, now it's time to turn toward the future. There is so much to look forward to with new beginnings on the horizon. There's no turning back now...it's full steam ahead in the best possible way! Today's challenge is to visually translate the idea of moving forward.  Onward ho!

Valerie Jones // f/2.8, 1/125, ISO 800
Facing forward, smiling at the future…I’m ready for 2012! I also believe it is a good idea to not lose complete sight of the past. Of course, dwelling there can hold you captive. But remembering the blessings of the Lord and lessons learned can add volumes of wisdom to future experiences. So as I move forward, I will allow God to show me what moments to reflect on….those times that will one day shed light on whatever I am facing.

------------------------------------

Gather Your Thoughts
Wow! What a month! It's been such a pleasure spending it together and focusing on the beauty of the season. Although we are right at the start of the brand new year, recalling and reflecting on the past 30 days can help us begin the next 30 days in the right frame of mind.

What part of the month did you enjoy most? What images did you capture that stirred your soul? I encourage you today to gather up the images of beauty that you collected and print some, hold them in your hand, hang them up, hand them out, spread the joy! And for your last image of Picture the Holidays, take a picture of a picture or pictures. Something special from this past month to remind you that your life is indeed as pretty as a picture!

Valerie Jones // f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 800
This series was so much fun! Thankfully, I had the opportunity to print a few of my favorite photos from this journey. And here they are! I love the experiences I had taking these photos and watching myself grow as a photographer. Thanks again for joining me!

0 comments: