Saturday, November 5, 2011

C25K and the One Hundred Pushups Program


I have some very exciting news! Since my last post about C25K, I was able to complete a 3-mile run in 30 minutes! This accomplishment had become my goal as I worked my way through the C25K program. I primarily wanted to be able to run a 5K, but I am excited I was able to get the time down to a 10:00 mile!
This is PROOF that with some effort, the right training program and some encouragement…you CAN achieve your fitness goals! I’ve had some great support from the girls on MyFitnessPal.com. It’s good to know they are there cheering me on, as well as checking up on my exercise and food diaries. I’ve said this before, but if you don’t have good moral support for your health and fitness goals, GET SOME! You can look me up on MyFitnessPal.com, user Jones0807. I’d be happy to cheer you along!
So now that I’ve completed this huge goal, it’s time for some new ones. Check them out:

1) Keep running! I want to see if I can run a faster 5K…but I also want to work my way up to 4 miles. I’m not sure how or if I can train for both at the same time. I will probably mix it up on my run days and just have fun until I figure it out.
2) Complete the One Hundred Pushups Program. This is a six-week program that helps you work up to doing 100 consecutive pushups. Wow! Several of my MFP girls are doing this too.

3) Complete the Two Hundred Situps Program. This is the same premise as the pushups program.
4) Complete the Two Hundred Squats Program. Same deal!

I’m excited! I very much need some more strength training in my week. I get so bored doing it. But I LOVE programs like this. I can track my progress and work with others on MFP. I can do this!
Anyone else want to join the challenge? Click the links above to read about each program then jump in. Don’t forget to look me up on MFP! J

0 comments: