Saturday, October 8, 2011

C25K Milestone // Next Up: Week Six

WOOHOO! I did it!

Today was Day Three of Week Five…the 20-minute run.  I did it, and I praise God for His help. I was concerned about my knees (which have been hurting) but after some strength training, stretching and a lot of prayer, they are strong again! Prayer helps a lot during the workout too…haha!

As far as I can remember, I have only run continuously like that one other time in my life. I am a natural sprinter and jogging a ½ mile as a warm-up during high school track was excruciating enough. So this was a huge milestone for me!

This is also a testament that the C25K program is working. So if you’ve been thinking about it…dive in! I have enjoyed at least 95% of working through the program which also huge for me. By this point I would have already claimed boredom and given up. Not this time!

But even more important than a great program is the support of some great people. I absolutely love MyFitnessPal and the girls who are on there to support me (and everyone else). My sister-in-law, Shannon, is especially an inspiration. She is a working mom of four great kids with a crazy schedule and yet she has taken on the challenge to get fit and inspire the rest of us to keep at it too. AND Shannon and I started C25K around the same time and she is already running 3 miles non-stop! I’m so proud of her and thankful for that extra boost of motivation. J

If you’ve been hesitant to start health/workout routine, here’s my challenge to you:


1) Start with a small goal you can build on (ex: Walk 30 minutes for 3 days…then increase time/frequency/speed each week)

2) Find at least one person working on a similar goal

3) Support each other daily!

And if you can’t find a supportive friend, look me up on MyFitnessPal: jones0807 J

I’m ready for Week Six, which I will start on Monday. Here’s the schedule:

Day One:
Walk 5 min
Run 5 min
Walk 3 min
Run 8 min
Walk 3 min
Run 5 min

Day Two:
Walk 5 min
Run 10 min
Walk 3 min
Run 10 min

Day Three:
Walk 5 min
Run 25 min

Let’s do this!!

0 comments: