Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another C25K Milestone!!


I was in Ocala visiting my parents on Thursday so I decided to try my C25K Week Six Day Three run on the street. They live in a small neighborhood with a large loop in the center, so it was a perfect set up for a running course.

This day’s challenge was to warm up with a 5-minute walk, then run for 22 minutes without stopping. However, I thought the website said 25 minutes and so that’s what I did! Along with my walk times (before and after the run) I was able to finish 3.1 miles in 35 minutes. It was great to finish that kind of run!

Afterwards, I realized there is no more interval training in C25K.  I am so excited about this! Now I get to focus on the run…going faster and longer. Here are the remaining weeks for C25K:

Week Seven
Run 25 minutes (or 2.5 miles)

Week Eight
Run 28 minutes (or 2.75 miles)

Week Nine
Run 30 minutes (or 3 miles)

I am looking forward to the day I run an entire 5K! So far I average a 10-minute mile…I hope I can keep that pace. But the best part is the endurance I am building AND the active lifestyle I am learning to love.

I hope you keep moving too….then come back here to tell me about it! J

0 comments: