Monday, October 31, 2011

C25K Update


So I’m not really sure what week of C25K I am on right now…

I left off at Week Seven which states you complete a “brisk five-minute warm-up walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)”. Last week I ran for 2.5 miles and did it in 25:30. My goal was to complete it in 25:00…so close!
That was last Wednesday and I haven’t had a chance to run again until today. The weather was perfect for a run outside: 65 degrees right after a fresh morning rain. I got in my car and measured a loop around the apartment complex, then set my mind to run 3 miles…just because.

And I did it! I ran 3 miles in 33:00. This actually doesn’t fit into any of the C25K weeks if one is working toward the distance AND time goal on the schedule. But I don’t care…this was a great run for me! My first time running 3 miles non-stop and I think the time is great for a first!
Of course I will be working to improve little by little. And I need to find a 5K to run in! J

0 comments: