Friday, September 30, 2011

Photo Friday // Ireland: Day Three – Blarney Castle

Today I take you to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone!

It was a rainy day, but that didn’t keep my Uncle Gary and I from having an experience of a lifetime.


The castle wasn’t what I expected at all. The walkways and stairs were so narrow, especially the winding staircases going up and down through the castle towers. There wasn’t much to step on or hang on to!


Once we got to the top, the rain stopped. Perfect timing!

Now to kiss the Blarney Stone. We simply had to lay down and lean over the edge of the castle at a 90 degree angle to kiss the stone below us. It was crazy! The only things keeping us from falling were three metal bars below the opening and the little old Irish man holding on to us.

You can see from the picture by legs were off the ground. I’m teetering on my backside, listening to the Irish man say, “Go farther…a little farther…” Once I saw the green below me, I was there. A quick smooch and now I have the gift of gab. J
It was an adventure I will always remember! And I had my Uncle to share it with. Awesome.

Next Photo Friday is Day Four of my trip in Ireland. We will be exploring the fairy-tale land of Killarney…

0 comments: